Seaweed Bioreactors (SBRs)
Modular Seaweed Seed Systems
- Designed for seaweeds that propagate by fragmentation
- Independently temperature-controlled enclosures
- Closed-loop pH control with automated CO₂ dosing
- Internal motorized blade for biosecure fragmentation
- 0.2 μm filtration for biosecure media and air exchange
- Autoclavable tank, lid, filters, and tubing
- Spectrum and intensity-controlled LEDs
- Real-time data logging and graphing
- Web-based remote access
1 / 4
Seaweed Bioreactors (SBRs) Features
Independently temperature-controlled enclosure
Closed-loop pH control with automated CO₂ dosing
Autoclavable tank, lid, filters, and tubing
Spectrum and intensity controlled LEDs
Real-time data logging and graphing
Web-based Remote Access
Intuitive touchscreen controls
How it Works
1. Order and InstallYour turnkey seaweed equipment ships directly from our facility. Uncrate and set up in less than a day.
2. AutoclaveAutoclave the individual tanks to ensure sterility before inoculating your culture.
3. InoculateUse a small volume of clean inoculum to start your culture.
4. BulkIncrease gametophyte biomass over weeks or months.
5. Harvest ↓ or →Semi-continuously (partially) harvest or batch harvest (completely) gametophytes.
6. Seed Spools with Gametophytes & InduceAdd gametophytes to seed string spools, or green gravel, and induce sporophyte formation.
6. Or, Induce and Seed Directly onto RopesSeed sporophytes directly onto ropes.
7. OutplantOutplant in the ocean for restoration or commercial ventures.
Quote Inquiry* Mandatory