November 4 2022
We’re Hiring – Electronics Technologist
At Industrial Plankton we design and manufacture high-tech algae bioreactors. Our focus is improving global food security and mitigating greenhouse gasses by advancing biotechnology. Our equipment is used to produce algae around the world, from live feeds in aquaculture hatcheries to new bio-fertilizers that improve crop yield. We’re a dynamic company that loves to innovate, build, and support the industries we work with: aquaculture, biotech, and research. Located at 3374 Burns Ave. Victoria BC, just off the Galloping Goose Trail.
Visit us at www.industrialplankton.com
We are looking for an organized and efficient professional who loves Technology, specially Power, Control, and Embedded Electronics! The Electronics Technologist position brings an opportunity to leverage your experience in these areas.
The successful candidate does not need specialty experience in bioreactors, we will train you on any additional skills you may need to make you rock in the position! Beyond experience, your passion for electronics will be taken into consideration.
Our R&D team is open to suggestions and you will be asked to give input on new designs.
- You will be responsible for the electrical aspects of production, assuring quality control and designing requirements on:
- Assembling HMI systems with Printed Circuit Boards, LCD screens and Single Board Computers;
- Wiring and assembling LED lighting;
- Other Electrical / Electronic production tasks.
- Maintaining and improving electrical assembly instructions;
- You will be the interface between R&D and production teams assisting on new designs, tests, preparing schematics, As Built and other Diagrams;
- You will guide ETL Inspectors in standard inspection visits;
- Material sourcing for prototyping of new projects;
- Participate in process improvements, R&D and Customer Support;
- Maintain a clean workstation, tools, and production floor;
- Advising coop engineering students on electrical assembly;
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent;
- Experience with AC and DC wiring and prototyping;
- Experience on PCB population, assembly and wiring;
- Troubleshooting with modern oscilloscope, power meter, multimeter, etc;
- Work under minimum supervision in a team and independently;
- Good attention to detail when following written and verbal instructions;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Follow health and safety standards.
- Experience with Electrical Power HMI / Control Systems and Distribution Panels;
- Familiar with manufacturing environments.
- Standard work day is 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday;
- Reports to the Electronic Systems Manager;
- Benefits package.
To apply for the Electronics Technologist position please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com