October 20 2022
We’re Hiring – Assembly Technician
Industrial Plankton is a dynamic company that loves to innovate, build and support the industries we work with: aquaculture, biotech and research. We design, manufacture, and support high-tech equipment to help stabilize food production worldwide. We are located in Victoria near Uptown Mall, just steps away from the Galloping Goose trail.
We are looking for an organized and efficient individual who loves to build and get stuff done! The Manufacturing Worker job has a wide variety of tasks, creating a diverse work week while being specific enough for the individual to become an expert at all tasks.
A candidate does not need specialty experience in aquaculture or bioreactors, training is provided for the right candidate!
- Perform manual tasks requiring dexterity and coordination
- Multitask and manage priorities
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Use of power and hand tools (drills, saws, routers)
- Lift and move 50lbs
- Work under minimum supervision in a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Follow health and safety standards
- Time spent using hand tools, power tools, saws, and routers
- Experience working with plastics, wood, and metal products in a shop environment or construction industry is an asset
- Assemble materials and parts by following production guidelines and specifications. Production and assembly items include:
- Thermoforming, gluing, and machining of plastics
- Assembling electrical enclosures
- PVC and vinyl plumbing
- Wiring and assembling LED lighting
- Quality assurance inspection and testing
- Safely packaging equipment and parts
- Assist in the loading and unloading of raw materials and components
- Maintain a clean workstation, tools and production floor
- Perform other tasks as required
- A standard work week is 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday
- Reports to the Shop Supervisor
- Compensation will vary depending on experience and qualifications.
- Benefits package
To apply for the Manufacturing Worker position please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org