July 23 2020
We’re Hiring – Production Technician
What We Do
Live feed algae production is one of the largest bottlenecks encountered in shellfish hatcheries. Whether feed limitation is stifling larval production or limiting the potential for expansion, economical solutions for clean, reliable algae production holds the key to making hatcheries more efficient, and ultimately more profitable. Our product line provides a means to easily and reliably grow clean algae in a compact footprint. Industrial Plankton’s cutting-edge industrial bioreactors are also used in production of end-products such as pharmaceuticals, oils, etc., for the biotech sector.
We have an exciting opportunity for a detail oriented individual to join our team as a Production Technician working in our fast-paced and dynamic production environment. This individual will have a love for building high quality products and an interest in learning about our cutting-edge acrylic production processes.
- Follow health and safety standards.
- Maintain a clean workstation and production floor.
- Assemble products and parts by following production guidelines and specifications while meeting production targets. Production and assembly items include:
- Thermoforming and gluing of acrylic tanks,
- Soldering and assembly of electrical components,
- Running plumbing and installing pumps,
- Wiring LED lighting components.
- Assure product quality before and after packaging for shipment
- Participate in problem solving and improvement activities
- Operate and maintain machinery and production line equipment
- Quality assurance inspection and testing
- Report any issues to the supervisor on duty
- Maintaining production documentation
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Perform manual tasks requiring dexterity and coordination
- Use of power and hand tools
- Lift and move 40lb items
- Work under minimum supervision in a team and independently
- Multitask and manage priorities
- Experience working with plastics, wood, and metal products in a shop environment or construction industry
- Extensive knowledge of hand tools, power tools, saws, routers, and lathes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering and production processes
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications such as Google Docs/Sheets or similar
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org