April 4 2019
Industrial Plankton had the pleasure of attending Aquaculture 2019 – the Triennial. This event is the largest aquaculture trade show in the Western Hemisphere and one of the largest in the world, with over 4000 attendees! The Triennial was held in New Orleans March 7-11, 2019.
The Triennial combines the annual meetings of the World Aquaculture Society, National Shellfisheries Association, Fish Culture Section of the American Fisheries Society, and the National Aquaculture Association. It was also the 50th anniversary of WAS, which called for special occasion cake! 😊
We had many visitors from around the globe drop by our booth to see our photo bio reactor for algae production on display and learn more about our products and technology. If you missed us at the conference and would like to connect, or visit our production facility in Canada, please email email@example.com to arrange a tour.
Hopefully you had a chance to attend and participate in these workshops:
- Commercial Aquaponics Workshop
- Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) Workshop
- Water Quality Workshop
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at next years Aquaculture America – WAS conference in Hawaii!
More details of what was covered at the WAS conference and trade show:
- AQUACULTURE AMERICA – Annual Meeting of the U.S.
Chapter of World Aquaculture Society, the National
Aquaculture Association, and the U.S. Aquaculture
- Annual Meeting of the American Tilapia Association
- Meeting of the Striped Bass Growers Association
- Annual Meeting of the U.S. Trout Farmers Association
- Special sessions organized by Aquacultural Engineering
Society and International Association of Aquaculture
Economics and Management
- Many other meetings of working groups, government
agencies and related aquaculture activities
- Program with technical sessions and producers seminars
covering virtually all species grown by aquaculture